Developed for the Advanced Research Centre at the University of Glasgow, FlexModular is a highly integrated furniture system designed in conjunction with HOK architects to rival established European high-end modular systems at a competitive cost, that previously had little or no direct UK-manufactured competition.
Services can be distributed throughout the laboratory in one of three ways:
- Conventional underbench servicing within a concealed void behind wall furniture
- Floor mounted, narrow steel 'spine' offering above and below bench service distribution within a compact, easily accessible design with integrated height adjustable shelving.
- Ceiling mounted 'gantry' affording maximum flexibility to the space below, particularly when utilised with mobile benching and cabinetry.
Proprietary extrusions used both in our shelving and benching designs allow for increased spans in these products compared to our 3R and Cleanline benching systems, with the features of both:
- 3R's simple bolt-together construction, improved with the bolt internal to the frame and capped, improving aesthetics, cleanability and joint strength
- Cleanline's ability to be modified on site by the fitter when required, often preventing unforseen conflicts / variations requiring remanufacture or delay
- Cleanline's provision for service concealing removable panelling, creating an easily accessible space for plumbing, cabling etc.
Our full range of cabinetry is compatible with this system, providing ample flexible storage options to suit.
University of Glasgow - Advanced Research Centre - HOK Architects - Multiplex Construction Europe Ltd
Worksurface: Trespa TopLab Plus - White (T03.0.0)
Framework: White (RAL9010) / Light Grey (RAL7035)
Carcase: White (K101)
Doors/Drawers: White (K101)
Handles: 201 Grade Stainless Steel 'D' Type